Planate Management Group received the Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) certification to ensure the company promotes and integrates women’s perspectives and interests into conflict-prevention activities and strategies. Planate accomplishes these integrations by:
- encouraging partner governments to adopt plans to improve the meaningful participation of women in peace and security processes and decision-making institutions;
- promoting the physical safety, economic security, and dignity of women and girls;
- supporting the equal access of women to aid distribution mechanisms and services;
- collecting and analyzing gender data to develop and enhance early warning systems of conflict and violence;
- adjusting policies and programs to improve outcomes in gender equality and the empowerment of women; and monitoring, analyzing, and evaluating the efforts related to each strategy submitted under section 5 and the impact of meaningful participation of women in mediation and negotiation processes seeking to prevent, mitigate, or resolve violent conflict.
Through its core business of providing technical solutions in difficult environments, Planate continues to support the equal access of women to aid distribution mechanisms and services and has promoted the physical safety, economic security, and dignity of women and girls by giving them equal opportunities in the architectural, engineering, and planning field.
WPS is a division of the International Stability Operations Association (ISOA). For more information about WPS and its initiatives, visit https://stability-operations.org/page/WPSWG.