If suspicious mail items are discovered, actions below should be taken.
1. Remain calm and alert others within the area about the mail/package. Notify your organization and first responders.
2. The suspicious item should not be moved. Place it on a stable surface if it’s being carried or transported.
3. Do not touch, sniff, or taste any contents that may have leaked or spilled.
4. Do not attempt to open the package.
5. Do not transport the package outside the facility or allow anyone to examine it.
PLANATE MANAGEMENT GROUP CAN HELP WITH YOUR MAIL/PACKAGE ROOM SOLUTIONS. PLANATE WILL PROVIDE THREAT & RISK ASSESSMENT, DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATIONSTRATEGIES FOR CBRNE SCREENING, SCREENING EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION & COMMISSIONING, PLANNING, OPERATIONS TRAINING AND PREPAREDNESS, AND INCIDENT RESPONSE PROCEDURES.